The problem of drug addiction is prevalent in all societies. The society has made attempts to deal with this problem by setting up a drug rehab facility to help the addicts. Making a choice about the treatment facility that you opt for is very important. Before you select the program that is appropriate in your case you must know what to look for. There are certain qualities that each facility must have in order to be effective in the treatment of addiction. The treatment programs that are on offer are very different from one another in terms of their programs staffing and qualification of the staff. To be able to glean all the information that you need you should ask the right questions and make sure you get the answers you expect. This is the only way you will know that the treatment program you are considering is the right one for you or your loved one.
Below are some questions you should know and ask before choosing a substance abuse rehab center.
- How much does the treatment cost? – This is the question that most people ask as they seek addiction Substance Abuse Treatment Center in New Jersey. However the cost of the treatment, need to be looked at from the point of what goes into the cost of the treatment. The composition of the bill should be clear to you. You should also ask if your health insurance can be used to pay all or part of the bill.
- What Programs does the Rehab Center Offer? – Different individuals have different needs. Therefore it is important that the facility should be able to accommodate a wide range of client interests. The programs include residential, out-patient, in-patient, long-term or short-term treatment.
- Does the Program have a Medical Care? – The Substance Abuse Treatment Center in New Jersey must have facility for medical care. This ensures that the medical aspects of the treatment are taken care of. The medical staff members will monitor how each of the addicts is progressing and make adjustments as it may be deemed necessary. Ask the implications of these medical costs on the general cost of the treatment.
- What Part of the Process does the Family Play? – The family members of the society play a major role in the recovery process. They are affected by the addiction as much as the addict. The part played by the family will vary from one treatment facility to another. Ask from the onset what roles will the family play in the process of addiction healing.
- Does the Program include Follow-Up Treatment? – It is not easy to treat drug addiction. It cannot be done over a short period of time but it is rather a continuing process. The recovered addict should quickly incorporate the skills they have acquired during the treatment in their lives to totally abstain from drugs. The aftercare that is provided should be accessible to all patients. The aim of the Substance Abuse Treatment Center in New Jersey is to help the addict completely stop the use of drugs.
It should be noted that the success of substance abuse treatment centers in New Jersey are dependent on the determination of the addict.